Medical Lab Technology
After completion of one year general science course, students of CMLT are guided by department of Medical Laboratory Technology. Department of Medical Laboratory Technology carries out teaching learning activities for the subjects Microbiology & Immunology, Haematology & Blood Banking, Clinical Biochemistry, Medical Parasitology, Basic Pathology & First Aid, Basic Public Health, Histo-technology & Cytology, Instrumentation & Automation and 6 months Filed practices in different hospitals and Community. The course is designated to prepare health personnel to perform different laboratory procedures independently in Pathology of Hospitals and PHC.
Department of Medical Laboratory Technology has 7 teaching faculty. Subjects related to Public Health and Medical disciplines are dealt by Department of General Medicine. Theory and intensive practical classes are carried out in the school to make students able to deal with public and patients in hospital and community setting. Six months in third year, students are sent for field practice in Hospital Lab and community.
SEE with GPA at least 2.0 and grade C in English, Math and Science. OR
School Leaving Certificate (SLC) or Equivalent Certificate with English, Science and Math OR
SEE or SLC or equivlent degree and TSLC with 66.67 percent from CTEVT or 68.33 percent from TU are eligible to apply.Admission is based on merit list of entrance examination conducted by CTEVT
It is beneficial to a student to be attending 100% in all subjects. However, under unavoidable conditions the students must have not less than 80% attendance in the theory classes and 90% attendance in practical classes to be eligible for the internal and external examinations.
If a student lacks the stipulated attendance, he/she must repeat to make up the attendance in that subject, especially in the particular lesson, before he/she is permitted to take the internal or external examination.
- Intoxication, insubordination or rudeness to peers will result in immediate suspension.
- Dishonesty in academic or practice activities will result in immediate suspension.
- Illicit drug use, bearing arms on campus, threats or assaults to peers, faculty or staff will result in immediate suspension.
- In all courses, the students must achieve at 40% minimum in theory, and 60% minimum in practical before proceeding to the next level of instruction.
- A minimum of three internal examinations will be given for each course. In order to sit for the external exam in any course, a student must achieve (in aggregate) a passing mark for the internal examinations.
- A student must pass the external examination independently of the internal examination mark (the internal mark and external mark will not be averaged together to give a passing mark).
|Course Hour CMLT & evaluation scheme.docx