After completion of one year general science course, students of PCL Physiotherapy are guided by department of Physiotherapy. The second and third years courses are intensive to teach and learn about physiotherapy.The course is designated to prepare health personnel who assesses and treats people who are suffering physical problems caused by disease, injury, illness or ageing. Using non-surgical procedures they aim to lessen pain, improve movement, and restore functionality as much as possible to improve a client's quality of life.
SEE with GPA at least 2.0 and grade C in English, Math and Science. OR
School Leaving Certificate (SLC) or Equivalent Certificate with English, Science and Math
Admission is based on merit list of entrance examination conducted by CTEVT
It is beneficial to a student to be attending 100% in all subjects. However, under unavoidable conditions the students must have not less than 80% attendance in the theory classes and 90% attendance in practical classes to be eligible for the internal and external examinations.
If a student lacks the stipulated attendance, he/she must repeat to make up the attendance in that subject, especially in the particular lesson, before he/she is permitted to take the internal or external examination.
- Intoxication, insubordination or rudeness to peers will result in immediate suspension.
- Dishonesty in academic or practice activities will result in immediate suspension.
- Illicit drug use, bearing arms on campus, threats or assaults to peers, faculty or staff will result in immediate suspension.
- In all thoritical and practical courses of second and third year, the students must achieve at 40% minimum in theory, and 50% minimum in practical before proceeding to the next level of instruction.
- In Comprehensive Clinical and Comprehensive Community Filed Practice, students must achieve of minimum 60% marks to pass.
- A minimum of three internal examinations will be given for each course. In order to sit for the external exam in any course, a student must achieve (in aggregate) a passing mark for the internal examinations.
- A student must pass the external examination independently of the internal examination mark (the internal mark and external mark will not be averaged together to give a passing mark).